"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures..." (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
In young adult ministry at Grace Church, it’s all about Jesus Christ and His finished work on our behalf. The Gospel is good news because it deals with our most fundamental problem: our broken relationship with the God who made us. Despite our rebellion against Him, God sent His Son Jesus to live a perfect life, die a sinner’s death, and be raised to life three days later.
The Gospel is Good News
The Gospel is the good news concerning who God is and what He accomplished in Jesus for the salvation of His people and for the glory of His name.
The Gospel Explained
- The Gospel is good news, not good advice.
- The Gospel is the good news announcing that we have been saved from the penalties of sin.
- The Gospel is the good news concerning what has been done by Jesus Christ to put right our relationship with God.
- The Gospel is the good news that affects every single dimension of our lives.
- The Gospel is the good news that is to be explained, declared, and demonstrated.
we respond to the Gospel
- We believe the Gospel
- We treasure the God of the Gospel
- We preach the Gospel to ourselves
- We speak the Gospel (good words)
- We display the Gospel (good works)
The Gospel creates a new community
This good news creates a new people, a new humanity (Ephesians 2:11-21). The God who saves through the Gospel also gathers and transforms His people. God’s work in the world is gathering a redeemed people around His Son from every language, nation, tribe, and tongue who will worship Him and enjoy Him forever. This universal and united people is seen here on earth in and through local churches. A local church is the natural home for any disciple of Jesus Christ.
What are my next steps?
- Begin to the read the Bible - read one of the Gospels or the book of Romans
- Place your security for eternal life now and forever in the person of Jesus Christ
- Reach out to Pastor Matt Agee for a phone call or coffee. He would love to connect with you!
- Gather with us on a Sunday morning (either 8:30 AM or 10:30 AM)
- Let us help you establish God-centered relationships here at Grace Church